Ready to put your civil engineer skills to work on marquee road and highway design projects that will change the urban fabric of our community? Do you enjoy being involved on a wide variety of civil engineering tasks on large scale, transportation projects? Parsons is now hiring a Civil Design/Construction Engineer in the Washington DC area.
This position performs engineering duties in reviewing design and construction submittals for compliance with industry and agency design standards, and project requirements. This position requires independent action and reports to a client manager.
EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Review and comment on various documents
- Preliminary and final design and right-of-way submittals
- Maintenance of Traffic submittals
- Construction submittals (shop drawings)
- Reports, concept sketches, topographic and property surveys
- Calculations including roadway and track geometry, drainage and stormwater management
- Compile comments into comment data base and evaluate responses
- Prepare reports and associated supporting drawings using AutoCAD
- Review of AutoCAD files
- Observe construction work in the field
- Experience with the local transit agency and local transportation agencies is desired
- Experience with the local Stormwater Management and Erosion and Sediment Control approval agencies is desired
- 4-year degree in Engineering (or related field) and 5-8 years of related work experience
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate may be required
- Proficiency in utilizing CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is required
- PE in DC, Maryland or Virginia desired
- AutoCAD knowledge preferred
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!
Location/Region: Hyattsville, MD