Ready to put your project management expertise to work on urban transit projects? Parsons is now hiring an experienced Project Manager with a desire to work simultaneously on multiple projects in the greater Washington, DC area.
This position serves as client's representative for the assigned project(s) and is responsible for all phases of the project insuring all required tasks are performed timely, within budget, and consistent with established agreements. The position reports to a client manager. Assigned projects are high profile with substantial political interaction and public scrutiny.
Specific responsibilities include planning, staffing, scheduling, budget management, quality control, safety, and coordination of internal technical and support staff. The incumbent manages client relationships and develop and maintain schedules and budgets, directs and mentors project staff, and ensures quality reviews are complete. The Project Manager is also responsible for the identification of scheduling and cost variances and the implementation of recommendations for corrective action for negative variance. Additional responsibilities include team member development including making work assignments, directing and providing technical and quality guidance.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
As directed by the client, the incumbent provides project management coordination and controls consistent with both project and operational needs. Supervises subordinate staff Assigns detailed work tasks to be completed by the staff members. Oversees phase coordination activities to establish schedule priorities, access requirements and allocation of work areas. Reviews and comments on the Project Scope to ensure that program needs, schedule and costs are adhered to; coordination occurs between various departments and aspects of the project; and project elements are effective. Conducts research and prepares recommendations for complex project management, engineering and construction problems. Solves mutually dependent items, calling conferences when necessary and chairing meetings. Establishes and maintains liaisons with individuals and organizations using an integrated program approach and matrix management. Assists supporting offices in obtaining major approvals and agreements from city, state, and jurisdictions including Federal agencies to assure project schedules and goals are met.
Manages the review and evaluation of changes to engineering specifications. Leads and manages activities on all aspects of the project. Resolves issues associated with contract fulfillment. Manages the process of resolving issues that arise between client staff and the jurisdictional agency. Ensures contractors’ deliverables meet contract specifications, timetables, and budget. Ensures program management of project closeout program to include coordination and completing engineering, procurement, and budgeting tasks.
Demonstrated knowledge of, abilities to, and/or hands-on experience in:
- Transit and transportation projects. Excellent leadership skills and experience in preliminary and final design and procedure for transit projects
- Experience with the local transit agency and local transportation agencies is desired
- Principles, practices and techniques of project management, to coordinate, review and provide expert technical management for the assigned projects
- Project controls including critical path method scheduling and budgetary control systems
- Engineering requirements, program/project policies and procedures by which the client is governed. Federal, state and local transit administration regulations and policies
- Make recommendations on difficult engineering issues. Apply new and creative engineering solutions to complex engineering, technical and project management problems
- Independently organize and carry out assignments with minimum direction as well as the ability to function effectively as a leader of highly professional personnel
- Resolve issues with contract fulfillment in a timely manner and to ensure that all aspects of the program remain on schedule and within budget and the ability to communicate effectively.
- 10+ years of related work experience
- 4-year degree in engineering or architecture from an accredited institution
- Professional license in DC, Maryland or Virginia desired
- Candidates are subject to Client background check
Ready for action? We’re looking for the kind of people who see this opportunity and don’t hesitate to act. Parsons is a leader in the world of Engineering. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who have proven experience tackling some of the greatest challenges. Take your next step and apply today.
Parsons Referral Plan
Maybe this opportunity isn’t the right fit for you, but you know someone who is? Why not join our Parsons external referral program? When you refer other top professionals and they are hired, you are rewarded with an incredible financial incentive. Help us find top talent!
Location/Region: Hyattsville, MD